2

My blog has moved!

3

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://makingchickensalad.com
and update your bookmarks.

4
Rug Hooking--Take One
Henry is home sick today and I was looking for something quiet to do on the sofa while he rests next to me. Rug hooking has been on the To-Do list (I will show it to you sometime--it's insanely long!) for quite awhile, and I realized I have everything necessary to give it a go. Nothing fancy here--some burlap, an embroidery hoop, a crochet hook and some 1/2" strips of really nice felted wool I bought a few years ago. I am already wishing I had more in choice of color, and am itching to scour the thrift shop racks for a few rug-worthy sweaters.

I tend to obsess about new crafts (hello, needle felting and crochet!). Are you particularly enamored with a certain craft or skill right now?

xo

9 comments:

Unknown said...

burlap? that's brilliant, and so crafty looking. ahhh. i adore this idea. xoxox

Lindsay C said...

Lately I have been all about making hair clips. Anything to do with hand stitching really.. I have had lots of school work so little bobby pins are quick and easy !

Kassi said...

rug hooking has always been something i've wanted to do! how did you learn how to do it?
saying a little prayer that henry gets better! being sick is the pits :-(

Jaimie said...

interesting!
i am totally out of crafting mode for a while, but i am really into my photography and trying to learn adobe illustrator right now.

April Kennedy said...

Well I am ruffling rolls and rolls of crepe paper streamers right now for a wedding reception. You could say that I'm obsessed. I do love the final product. I'll have to do a how-to tutorial on them soon. So so pretty!

Sue said...

I've never been into making sock monkeys but afer making one for a friend's baby, I'm totally hooked. I just keep buying more socks and all these ideas are buzzing in my head.

Gwen In Wonderland said...

I'm really into embroidery and everything around me is beginning to get stitched!!! I love adding little details and learning new stitches! I love the idea of rug hooking but I doubt I'd be able to do it, I'm no good with anything like crochet...
-Gwen

Laura Belle said...

oooo....i love that! great colors too.

Lexi said...

so your a hooker, eh? HA! I did a speech on this in college because I was obsessed with rug hooking!! And my first sentence of my speech was.."I am a hooker." Talk about drawing the attention ;) I haven't do it in quite sometime as I have become passionate about scrapbooking, but I am looking forward to breaking out the rug frame and hook and incorporating it into my scrapping and other crafts.I actually found a rug frame at goodwill for $4 and it was in GREAT condition. If you get really into it it works much better than a hoop :) I always loved how easy hooking was and you could come back to it whenever. ENJOY!!