2

My blog has moved!

3

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://makingchickensalad.com
and update your bookmarks.

4

Its a Work In Progress: My Bedroom

my bedroom
Of  all of the rooms in the new house, the master bedroom feels the most unfinished to me.  Painting the door to the backyard white is the last of the construction-y type projects, which so far have included fresh paint, new carpet, new doors and hardware and new baseboards and door jams.
my bedroom
Most of the items that have made their way in here were accidental--there was definitely no decorating plan in mind, which I think is what is bothering me most.  My original though was to keep this room super neutral with more texture than color, but that went out the window the minute I brought in the colorful fabric bin (next to the teal bedside table).  After that more and more color crept in... The salmon colored fiberglass rocker, the vintage rag rug, the pink and orange clock next to the bed.
my bedroom
I just recently hung the vintage floral prints and I placed them high intentionally so I will have room for a headboard, which is #1 on my wishlist right now.  I almost pulled the trigger on a vintage faux-bamboo one today that I would have painted the same grey as out kitchen cabinets, but I didn't love the shape of it so I walked away.  I think I would prefer something upholstered, anyway.

So, that is where we stand with the bedroom!  After two months in the house it's still unfinished, but is getting closer and closer to being something we love

1 comment:

janel. said...

it looks so great! I love those prints and my vote is for an upholstered headboard :)