2

My blog has moved!

3

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://makingchickensalad.com
and update your bookmarks.

4
4161437738_e824daa6b9
I am home from my trip, and for some reason I am having a hard time getting back into my routine! I have had bloggers block about writing this post. Quite frankly, the thought of capturing the weekend in a blog post is completely overwhelming! I will say that I was beyond thrilled to meet Jamie, Janel, Nicole, Rachel and her beautiful family, Jen, Talisha, Kristin,Katie, Angela, Mandy and Kim (who have the cutest mother/daughter relationship!), Elsie and Jeremy, Erin and Will, and Haley.
035
One of the most exciting aspects for me is that Janel taught me how to crochet! I have avoided learning this skill like the plague (always seemed too fussy), but now I am slightly obsessed.
DSC_0623
I actually have a good use for all of this yarn! I have already completed one project...
DSC_0624
But this is not it. :) Inspired by this adorable owl clutch I bought from Elsie,
DSC_0625
I made this pug purse. Go ahead and laugh--it's pretty horrible! I think I need some more practice...

On a totally unrelated note, I joined Twitter this morning. There is a little link on the sidebar if you want to follow me.

Hope all of your weeks are going well so far!

17 comments:

RachelDenbow said...

OMG! Cute!!!

Katherine said...

awww, thanks, rachel!

Jamie said...

OMG! Your pug is sooo cute!!!!! And that suitcase of yarn!!!! *swoon* Love it!!! I found some yarn today for $1.25 each (the big chunky kind too) Smaller skeins but awesome colors! Making finger-knitted garlands... thanks to you and your awesome teaching skillz!!!! Miss you so much!!!! xoxo

janel. said...

1. I flipping love you
2. the pug purse is soooo cute
3. Im so happy you are on twitter
and 4. Im on my way over :)

angela said...

i love your pug purse you are coming along. love that you are on twitter. and 100% glad i got to meet you and spend time. <3

Kassi said...

for just learning how to crochet, your purse is amazing! i have known how to crochet since i was six and i have yet to teach myself how to do anything but crochet in a straight line... which means, a lot of blankets and scarves... ;-)

anyway, i'm impressed!

blue moss said...

a most amazing first project :)
i love it

Katherine said...

thanks, everyone! you are all the best. :)

Anonymous said...

It's not ugly! Waaay better than I could do for sure! You are wonderful and I am glad I met you! :)

MariahRiah said...

i want the pattern for the pug! it's so so so cute! :D

Jamie said...

i've avoided learning to crochet & knit for a long time, i'm intimidated...but granny square slippers my be pulling me in!

your pug purse is cuteee!

Anzouya said...

I've also learned to crochet just recently but I haven't tried something so big yet. I stick to bracelets for the time.You can see some in my blog. Your purse though is AWSOME!And if you think that is your first try then I can say you are a natural!Well done!

JenCoen said...

Oh My-Lanta Katherine!! That pug purse is adorable! I'm still making scarves! lol!!
I had a ton of fun this weekend and totally agree with you, hard to express it all in a blog... quite impossible!! :-)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your pug purse! I am enchanted...I could never make anything of the sort...Glad you had a great visit! x

Unknown said...

I wanted to stop by and say Hey I am new to your blog but I love it! I am going to check out your etsy store right now!

Katherine said...

hey, carrie! glad you are here!

knack said...

oh my word girl......you did awesome on your first project.......I would have never thought to attempt such cuteness........I think I would be struggling with the washcloth!! ha ha.........maybe I'll just stick to painting!! :)

xox