Well, the good news is, that after some frustrating hours reading (and re-reading) the macrame lawn chair instructions I FINALLY figured out how to do it. It was actually once I stopped reading the instructions and just studied the photo of each step that everything clicked. Luckily once you get the hang of it this is a fairly simple and surprisingly quick project, since a few rows after I took the photo above Josh pointed out that I had missed one of the bars on the seat with my initial (vertical) cord and would have to undo everything and start over. Oops. Guess I know what I will be doing this weekend.